The tea party went well Saturday. All the gals got here and we headed to our bathroom to do up our hair. It took about 2 hours to get everyones hair done! We enjoyed it emmencely. After that we opened presents- of course, I HAD told them not to bring any! Thanks for my presents girls. About then the sun was beginning to go down, so we headed over to the hill overlooking the highway where we could face the sun. We headed there with our heads held high- at least, as best we could with a million bobby pins stuck every where! I wonder what the people that were passing on the highway, thought when they saw 7 girls posing with cameras, on top of a hill as the sun was going down! Oh well. I had made 2 cookie cakes the day before so they could each decorate their own little piece, and also so we could take one to the church. We made our own icing and it was soooo good. We also colored them pale green, cream and brighter than I meant to, blue. So after that we admired our hair, and pictures, and cakes, and we admired the simplicity of having a tea party rather than a spend the night girlfriend type of party. I think it was just wonderful having such wonderful ladies come and spend time together and talk, drinking tea and eating our sun chips. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment