Don't mess with Texas... God bless Texas

Thanks the lord for good is he, his mercy last forever!


























Friday, March 26, 2010

Rabbits, Chicks, and Ducks... Oh my!

Today, we all went to Columbia and headed to Tractor Supply! They had some chicks for sale! And ducks! And rabbits! I think we all presumed that Aidan would be taken with the ducks but... he loved the rabbit. They were those pink eyed, soft white fur kind of rabbits. Sooo soft. They were 10.00. The ducklings were I think 4.30 and the chicks (pullets) were something like 2.00. I think everyone enjoyed going. But you know that in Dixon the price on the chicks are 50 cents? We wanted to go there but the last time Daddy went they didn't carry rabbits- or least not yet. And we knew we wanted to get one so we went to Columbia. We're planning on the next time we go to Dixon to get some 20 chicks. I wish I had a picture, but not yet. I bought a girl and boy duckling so I can look forward when they grow up to having ducklings to sale. I hope it's ok to let ducks and chicks grow together.
We finally got eggs!!! It was funny because we had just gotten home and Caelin went to show his duckling (christened with the name Ranger) our hens. So as we were unloading everything we heard Caelin yelling. Momma took off thinking he found a snake. Little did we know... anyways Caelin was yelling his head off and finally we were able to make out the word EGG. So everyone ended up yelling their heads off. Lol, what a sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment